Friday, March 25, 2011

Quarter-Back in Training


This week I gave myself a challenge, and it was too design my own shaped card. I've been playing a lot with my Cricut and the different programs you can use with it. So I sat down from Sunday evening until today and I have been perfecting my own design of this football shaped card.

Once I had all the layers figured out I cut the base of the card out of SU! Chocolate Chip, then put the layered images of the football through the Cuttlebug machine with the tiny bubbles embossing folder to give it the texture of a football. I then colored my little football player and layered him with dimensionals. I then placed the sentiment on like a waving flag.

In the province that I live in, CFL football is our big named sport. So I made this little boy a "RoughRider" in training and added some of the team logo to the front of his jersey. Don't you agree the referee pooch displaying 'touchdown' is so appropriated!

Thanks for stopping by :)


CARD RECIPE

STAMPS: Pink Cats Studio; Football Billy (edited).
PAPER: SU: Chocolate Chip. Bazzill; Avalanche. VP; Christmas Green.
INK: Versafine; Onyx Black.
TOOLS: Cuttlebug, Circut, Spellbinders.
SUPPLIES: Copics, EB, Pop Dots, CB Embossing folder; Tiny Bubbles.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Krysta that is totally amazing - what a great job - you are so talented! Any true Rider fan would appreciate this card!