Wednesday, March 14, 2018

You Take The (carrot) Cake | Lawn Fawn | Sunny Studio


Here is just one of the adorable cat Easter cards that I made for the local cat café.  You can also head down to Excalipurr Cat Café or phone ahead and book a reservation to visit with the kitties or have a bite to eat and a cup of java. For more Easter cards available to browse, visit KLM Designs.

There was lots of die cutting involved in this card! I did everything reverse this time, I had colored all my little characters and fillers. Only then did I decide on how I wanted the background, I cut a white panel and edged it with the clouds die. Then I picked out a pretty pale blue gingham paper for the sky background and matched it up with a small green print gingham print and cut the top with a grass border.

I white heat embossed a sentiment on black card stock and foam mounted it, also raising the characters for added dimension. Then attached the panel onto a #110lbs card base and added some clear sequin mix to the clouds.
Thanks for stopping by,

CARD RECIPE
STAMPS: Lawn Fawn Some Bunny, Sunny Studio Stamp Purrfect Birthday.
PAPER: Bristol Smooth. Neenah Solar White 110, LF Gotta Have Gingham, Echo Park Country Drive.
INK: SSS Intense Black, Versamark.
TOOLS: Big Shot.
SUPPLIES: Foam Tape, Clear Sequin Mix, MFT Peek a boo Die, Blueprints 13, Copics, White Embossing Powder.


No comments: